A faulty brake system can pose a threat to your safety and the safety of others on the road. It is a highly-engineered system in your car allowing you to slow down and completely stop your vehicle. The brake system makes use of friction to stop a vehicle. The friction and heat produced due to friction can wear down the brake pads, brake shoes, brake rotors, calipers and other components of this system.
Following are the signs indicating that the brake system demands repair:
- Brake light on the dashboard stays on
- The car bounces when suddenly stopping short
- Squeaking, squealing or grinding noises when you apply the brakes
- Vibration, scraping, or wobbling sensations
- Fluid(s) leaking under the car
- The car being pulled to one side on applying the brake
- Brake pedal feeling soft or spongy
- A smell resembling “burning”
If you notice any of these signs, you can save money with timely repair. You can visit Family Car Care for brake system inspection, repair and replacement in Parkville.
Here are some more services for the customers!
FAQs for Brake services
Family Car Care is pleased to offer answers to some of the frequently asked questions about the brakes services offered at our business in Parkville.
What is the cost of brake rotors replacement?
Brake rotor replacement costs around $150 to $250 per rotor.
What are the major signs of brake wear?
Following are the major signs of brake wear and other problems with the braking system:
- Brake light on
- Metallic squeal when the vehicle is in motion
- Grinding sound while applying the brake
- Vibration, wobbling or scraping while applying the brake
- Leaking fluid
- Burning smell while driving
- Spongy or soft brake pedal
- Car pulling to one side while applying the brake
- Bouncing when you short stop
What is the cost of brakes repair or replacement?
The cost of brake repair or replacement depends on the model and make of your car. It is a complex system involving different components. These components include cylinders, drums, calipers, rotors and pads. So, the cost also depends on the component to be repaired or replaced. Total brake repair costs around $750.